So like, I’ve been invited to listen to a foreign hardcore band recommended by a friend. This band is called Expire. I’ve listened to...

Alive x Expire



So like, I’ve been invited to listen to a foreign hardcore band recommended by a friend. This band is called Expire. I’ve listened to their “Pendulum Swings” album, and watched their music video of “Abyss”. Then, a while ago it was said that they would be performing in Bandung. So, I brought the presale ticket. And it led me to another local hardcore band called Alive. They released an EP called “Earth, Air, and the Ocean” which is given for free to those who brought the presale tickets. As soon as I got home, I listened to the album. It turned out that it was pretty nice. The vocals reminded me to Accidental Hero, and it’s a bit similar with Oliver Sykes’ current vocal style at some points, IMO.

Well, let’s get back to Expire. They were to be perfoming at Swarga cafe. However, it was cancelled. Instead, they performed at The Loft along with Alive and some other local hardcore bands such as Asia Minor and Under 18. It was the so-called launching party of “Earth, Air, and the Ocean”. Unfortunately, it was raining cats and dogs back then. Somehow I managed to arrive there before Expire performed, lol. I didn’t get a chance to watch Asia Minor and Under 18, though.

Both of Alive and Expire’s performaces were really great. People were moshing here and there. Some circle pits were formed. When Expire performed, I was given some chance to contribute to the vocals every now and then, lol. I expected them to play “Reputation”, but unfortunately not all of their songs in “Pendulum Swings” are played. Nevertheless, they are very friendly. We even took some photographs after they finished. Josh Kelting, the vocalist of Expire, asked us about the meaning of “nyonyon” that some of the crowd kept saying. Well, when you think of it, it doesn’t actually has any particular meaning in Indonesian language. They were just saying “nyonyon” simply because the lyrics are too fast for them to keep up with. :p

Here is the tracklist of “Pendulum Swings”

1) Just Fine
2) Reputation
3) Spit Out
4) Dig Deep
5) Anxiety
6) Abyss
7) Bark
8) Sleep Lost
9) Pills
10) YDN
11) Focus
12) Pendulum Swings

And here is the tracklist of “Earth, Air, and the Ocean”:

1) Earth, Air, and the Ocean 
2) Until Lambs Become Lions 
3) Come Clean and Strart over
4) Sick of LifeFire and Ice
5) Last Word I Heard 
6) Somewhere Behind the Door
Speaking of Alive, a while ago I found an installation art which formed the word Alive made from eggs in an exibition called Natamorta:

0 respon: